Polyurethane elastomers are one of the most versatile materials available for the manufacturing of modern engineering products. They offer the client a unique combination of hardness, resilience and durability.
Properties of Polyurethane
- Excellent resilience to oils, fuels and many other chemicals
- Exceptional abrasion and erosion resilience and will out-perform even hardened steel
- Excellent tensile strength makes polyurethane more resistant to tears and cuts than rubbers or silicone
- Polyurethane has excellent load bearing properties in compression and tension
- Very good versatility at low temperatures between -40°c to +80°c
- Hard polyurethane has excellent machining capabilities and these components would stand up against all type of metals
- Exceptional hardness ranges from the softest rubber up to the hard plastics & metal materials, see below:
If you specify a product and its application, there is probably a polyurethane to suit.
Please see our Data sheet below.